The graph below (Copyright 2014, All Rights Reserved), excerpted from the book series The Science of Fencing from Schottenbauer Publishing, show a toy sword in various motions towards the video camera.
- Describe the approximate position of the hilt during this series of moves.
- Describe the approximate motion of the tip of the sword during this series of moves.
- Approximately which part of the graph shows the circling motion?
- As the sword moves, it appears to change size. What is the minimum length that the sword appears to be during this set of moves? What is the maximum length?
- What is the angle between the x-y plane and z axis which corresponds to the perceived shortest and longest lengths of the sword? (The toy sword used to make the graph is 65 cm in length.)